This content design course is for people who want to learn an end-to-end, agile, user-centred way of producing content. This course is for people who have some experience in writing for the web but would like a complete grounding in producing user-centred, evidence-based content.
By the end of this 1-day course you will:
- be able to write in a way that works with how humans read – the most efficient way of getting your message across
- know how to find and use the vocabulary your audience uses
- have different methods of creating very targeted, user-focused content
- be up to date with the latest research on digital user-behaviour
We will run through
- Journey mapping – so you know what channel your audience is on, when you need to make content available and when not to structuring your page
- Using data to improve your content
- User stories and job stories – when to use which agile technique and why
- Reading psychology – how humans read and take in information
- Peer review and pair writing – why do it and how it can stop arguments with lawyers/marketing/people with sign-off
- Depending who is in the room, we’ll also cover value, SEO or accessibility.
You will work on your own content so you will leave with content that is relevant and that you can use the day after the course.
About Sarah Richards
Founder of the content design movement, Sarah pioneered the standards during her 10-year career with the UK government.
As head of content design for the Government Digital Service (GDS), Sarah created and implemented the content strategy for the GOV.UK website.
After leaving GDS, Sarah took her knowledge and wrote the respected and highly popular Content Design – a book for anyone creating user-centred content.
She also launched Content Design London to provide training and consultation in content strategy and content design for governments, charities and organisations in the UK and worldwide.
Sarah is also a respected and in-demand speaker and shares her expertise to audiences at conferences, meet-ups and events globally.
Get your ticket
About this workshop
28 February, 2019
Den Haag, NL
This is a full-day workshop from 9am to 5pm.
- Who is this for:
- You can use this as a refresher – we show the latest research in the workshops – or as a complete introduction to those new to writing in a user-centred way.
- 9am – 5pm
- TSH Collab, Den Haag, NL
- You'll need:
- Your laptop
- Lunch, Snacks and Drinks